Help for AOL Users
If you have added a pop-up blocker and/or have a firewall you must disable
them to use WebStudy.
First, log on to AOL as you normally do when you use the internet.
There are two methods, we recommend the first, but both should work.
Method one - Once logged in go into any chat room as if you are going to chat (you don’t
have to actually chat, just be logged in). Method two - go to a
shopping website like http://www.amazon.com. By doing either of these methods, AOL will think that you
are either chatting or shopping and will be much less likely to disconnect
you. After you have performed either of the two methods, go to the top right side
corner of the open pages and click on the minus (-) in the left box of the
three little boxes to minimize the screen. After doing this you should see the main desktop screen that you see when you turn your computer on. Look for an icon (graphic) for either Internet Explorer or Netscape. Double click on it to open a new browser and follow these directions:
1. When you open your browser go to the top left of the screen and click on “tools”.
2. When the drop down menu opens choose “Internet options”. A new box will open.
3. Look in the center of this box where it say “temporary Internet files” and click on the “settings” button.
4. Now choose the first option “every visit to the page” and click “ok”. (do not click “ok” again to exit this box, see below).
5. You may also want to click on the “Delete Files” button to the left of the “settings” button to clear out you temporary internet files. If you have never done this before it may take a few minutes to complete.